Entrepreneurs in South Africa have just less than two months left to submit their entries at the 2013 Sanlam/Business Partners Entrepreneur of the Year, the organisers said today. Entries close on 16 June 2013. The competition is open to entrepreneurs from all industries who fall into one of these categories:
· Emerging Entrepreneur: An entrepreneur who has been in their present business for less than three years on the date the entry form is received by the steering committee.
· Small Business Entrepreneur: A business, irrespective of length of time during which it has been active, with a turnover of R20 million or less in the tax year immediately preceding the date of entering the competition.
· Medium Business Entrepreneur: a business, irrespective of the length of time during which it has been active, with a turnover of R20 million or more in the tax year immediately preceding the date of entering the competition.
· Job creator of the Year: An entrepreneur that not only employs a significant number of employees, but also plays a key role in uplifting, up-skilling and training them.They help towards making a dent in the unemployment rate of the community, area, province and country where the business is situated.
· Innovator Entrepreneur of the Year: the entrepreneur who has the ability to re-invent the way business is done in his/her industry, and/or be innovative in the product or service being offered to the market, and/or finds a way of drawing the best qualified and technical people in the industry and keeping them because of creating a special environment where employees.
· Entrepreneur of the Year: overall winner/main award
This is a competition that aims at inspiring and encouraging entrepreneurs who are playing their part in fostering entrepreneurship in the country, the organisers said today.This initiative, which is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year, is widely considered to be the pre-eminent competition of its kind in South Africa, and has served as a springboard for past finalists and winners.
Besides the chance to win prizes worth a total value of R1 340 000 (146 245 USD), which includes cash prizes of R300 000 (32 742 USD), finalists and winners are able to expand their networks and receive invaluable exposure for their businesses.
Entrepreneurs interested in entering can enter online at www.eoy.co.za